First step to integration of your site with our platform is sending us information on how your site or app serves products to your customers. To get started, you can send us data on products and catalogs on your site by sending a CSV/JSON. On the catalog page click + Catalog to launch a wizard with two sections:
- Upload feed
- Map your feed
On the upload feed dialog, you can use the following methods:
- Upload a file to an HTTP server and provide us its URL
- Upload a file to an FTP server and provide us its URL, credentials, and other settings such as the connection type and port
- Upload a file to an Amazon S3 bucket and provide us its access
- Upload a file to an SFTP server and provide us its URL, credentials, and other settings such as the connection type and port
- Upload a file directly to our platform
If you are uploading a file to an HTTP/FTP/SFTP/S3 location, let us know how frequently do you want us to fetch it by specifying its upload frequency (hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly).
On the map your feed dialog, specify how fields from your site or app map to fields on our platform. If a field on your site or app do not map to a field on our platform, it is added as a custom field. If you are uploading a
.csv, ensure that:
- You delete the empty columns
- The file is a UTF-8 encoded
- It contains the product id, product name, product url (http or https), image URL (http or https), and category fields at least
- Product IDs are unique across all products and catalogs
- You use
falsein lower-case for boolean values
- Use underscores instead of spaces (for example
In addition to this, we recommend that you send us brand, in-stock/out of stock, and other custom fields that you may want to use in segmentation and messaging. We support multiple catalogs, and you can set rules in the catalog settings to set a product as out_of_stock or in_stock by mapping your column to the availability field. Alternatively, for each product, you can set "start_date" and "end_date" fields in the file. The expected format is ISO8601 for these two fields. Ex: "2017-08-08", "2017-08-08T17:42:32Z". We will use them to automatically set a product to out_of_stock if the current_date does not fall within that range. We use INSERT/UPDATE logic to INSERT new products and UPDATE existing products as identified by SKU/product_ID.
We send you an email once we process the file of the product/catalog feed that you upload.
Updated over 1 year ago
After you start feeding us data on how your products are categorized, you can use our endpoints to extend the integration. While we are at it, let's go through the catalog API and how you can use its endpoints to integrate data from your site/app with our platform: